Open Source Newtella for Linux et al
Frequently Asked Questions (and their answers)
If these don't answer your questions, try the mailing list.
- How is Newtella compared to Gnutella?
- It's the same network, really. It's just that Newtella clients
focus on mp3 files, simplyfying the whole environment for Joe User
who just wants to share his music.
- I cannot connect.
- That's not a question.
- Very funny... OK, how can I connect to the gnutella network? Pressing
- The default value for the host to get you to the gnutella
network is connect.newtella.net:6346. If this does not work for
you, try changing it to some other
gnutella host-cache host (that sounds funny), such as:
gnutellahosts.com:6346, router.limewire.com:6346, or gnutella.hostscache.com:6346. This is a Gnutella issue.
For more information, visit gnutellahosts.com.
- I've changed this, but still cannot connect! What can I do?
- Are you sure you're not behind a firewall? gnewtellium doesn't support firewall configurations very well yet.
- Why only MP3 files? Can't you make a generic gnutella servent?
- This is considered for a later version. It's only a few lines of code that has to be changed
to make gnewtellium a proper gnutella servent, so it's bound to happen soon.
- How about Ogg Vorbis files?
- See previous question. It's going to be fixed RSN.